While some estate sale companies slow down or take a break during the winter, at the Michael Taylor Company, we are proud to offer year-round shopping opportunities, both at Michael Taylor At Home and at on-site sales. This season of occasionally snowy roads and freezing temperatures can bring with it a few challenges, so we wanted to share a few tips to help you make the most of your time at the sales.
- Dress warmly! This might be a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised at how many folks underestimate how cold it is, standing in a line outside to wait for an estate sale to open. Arriving early to get the best deals is a good strategy, but be sure to bundle up! Some folks also take a bag or basket and use it to mark their place in line while they retreat to the warmth of their cars to wait…pretty smart, we say. Also, inexpensive hand-warmers from stores like Wal-Mart can help fingers and toes stay warm while you wait in line.
- Coffee. We always have coffee at our sales, but make sure to bring a travel mug or thermos so you can fuel up while you wait for the sale to open.
- Wear flat, closed-toed shoes. Again, this one seems like a no-brainer, but we can’t count the folks who wear flip flops or high heels to our sales. We do our best to carefully mark uneven patio steps or steep/slippery basement stairs, but in older homes, sometimes the footing can be challenging. We strongly encourage you to wear shoes that will help you stay steady on your feet, especially in the winter when ice and snow can be found on entrances and pathways.
- Park smart! Parking is always a challenge at estate sales. Residential neighborhoods aren’t always suited for a crowd of cars. We do the best we can to manage traffic, but the best strategy is to be a good neighbor wherever you are and to err on the side of caution. Be especially careful when parking in yards; winter weather often makes the ground soft and muddy, and it’s easy to get stuck.
- Follow us on Facebook. We post snow day sale updates, info about discounts and time changes on our Michael Taylor Estate and Moving Sales Facebook page…be our “friend” at: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelTaylorEstateandMovingSales/
Come rain or shine, snow or ice…you just can’t stop us from holding great estate and moving sales! With a little extra planning/care, you can get some fantastic deals, so plan on coming out and seeing us soon. We’ve got two great sales in Nashville this week, lots of discounts and deals at Michael Taylor At Home and more awesome sales coming up this month!
Michael Taylor And Company